Camp S.E.E.K. 2014
Creative Connections Foundation is pleased to offer the return of our Camp S.E.E.K. (Social Enrichment for Exceptional Kids). Eight weeks of afternoons filled with therapeutically based enriching social activities and group outings. We focus on social and emotional developmental milestones in a fun, interactive, therapeutic and natural environment. We target children’s individualized needs with an emphasis on problem solving, peer conflict resolution, independence, social thinking and improving identified social and emotional deficit areas. It’s fun and we have a great time! We are seeking a minimum of 10 participants with a cap of 20.
When: June 2 – July 25, 2014 Monday-Friday 12:00-5:00 PM
Where: Assets School Campus, 1 Ohana Nui Way, Honolulu, HI 96818
Who: School age to Young adult age 5-20 years old
Deadline: May 19, 2014
* Some high school and young adult volunteer opportunities are available
* Limited openings for siblings to serve as peer mentors and gain volunteer experience
- Week 1 (June 2-5) Getting to know you, getting to know me – Engage in fun activities to learn more about yourself and to express your personality. Learn to work with others and to use your strengths to contribute to a group.
- Week 2 (June 9-13) – Health, fitness, and fun! – Engage in physical activities, health snacks, and have fun in the process.
- Week 3 (June 16- 20) – Helping Hands – Participate in community service projects. Giving to others helps you learn more about yourself. Focus on empathy building.
- Week 4 (June 23-27) – And ACTION! – We will use acting, music, and props to learn more about emotions and feelings.
- Week 5 (June 30-July 4) – Art Galore – We will enjoy art projects, various art mediums, and each person will expand their artistic talents
- Week 6 (July 7-11) – Nature is wild – Focusing on nature, animals, and the wildlife around us.
- Week 7 (July 14-18) – Summer craze – Engage in fun, “out of the box” activities that are only done at Camp SEEK.
- Week 8 (July 21-25) – Aloha Week – There’s an emphasis on remembering back on our summer and all the friends that we made. We will enjoy favorite outings and reminisce on the relationships we’ve made through activities and crafts!
Note: No camp program on June 11 (Kamehameha Day) and July 4 (Independence Day)
We look forward to hearing from you! Register today!